- Please do not register for the YSC Summit until we have notified you about your Travel Grant.
- The amount of each Travel Grant is up to $800 USD for domestic applicants (+ Canada and Mexico) and $1200 USD for all other international applicants and is reimbursed after the Summit for your eligible travel expenses.
- The application process is open until December 31, 2023, or until funds run out.
- We will notify applicants within 10 business days after submitting your application.
- Travel Grants are meant to supplement your travel costs and will likely not cover all of your expenses. We strongly encourage you to research travel costs to better understand the additional amounts for which you may be personally responsible.
- Travel Grant applications require a $10 non-refundable application fee.
- Demonstrated financial need based on household income. You may be required to provide additional information.
- Priority is given to young breast cancer survivors and young adults living with metastatic breast cancer, with additional funds available for co-survivors.
- You must be in good standing with Young Survival Coalition (YSC) conferences and events. YSC reserves the right to decline a Travel Grant application if applicants provide misinformation or otherwise show misconduct at any YSC event.
The total amount of travel grant reimbursement may not exceed $800 USD for those living in the U.S., Canada and Mexico and $1200 USD for all other international applicants. As noted below, you will receive a separate registration fee waiver code, which has a value of $180 USD.
Eligible travel grant items may include:
- One registration fee waiver (code will be provided once your application is approved).
- Up to three nights hotel room at The Virgin Hotels Las Vegas (4455 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89169). If you have a single room, you may submit 100% of up to 3 nights plus eligible travel costs (not exceeding your total award). Should you decide to share a hotel room, you may submit 50% of up to 3 nights plus eligible travel costs (not exceeding your total award*). The cut-off date for our room block rate is Feb 28, 2024.
- A portion of transportation costs (plane, bus, train, car, ground transportation to/from the airport in Las Vegas). If traveling by car, we can only reimburse for mileage at the approved Federal rate at your time of travel (current rate is 65.5 cents per mile), tolls and hotel self-parking. You may also submit for the cost of travel insurance if it is purchased specifically for your flight to/from the YSC Summit.
The following items are not covered:
- Gas and rental cars
- Valet parking/private cars
- Airline tickets purchased with frequent flier/rewards miles and any related fees
- Airline seat upgrades
- Food and drinks not provided by the conference
*Example: A domestic applicant is awarded $800. The hotel room rate for the YSC Summit is $199/night + $25 resort fee for Friday March 15 and Saturday March 16 and $159/night + $25 resort fee for all other nights booked between March 13-18, 2024. If you book a single room for 2 nights at the The Virgin Hotel Las Vegas for 2 nights ($398 + $50 + tax= $507.94), you will have $292.00 remaining towards your travel expenses; if you share a room, you would pay $253.97 (including tax) for a 2 night stay and would have $546 to use towards travel costs.
When applying for a travel grant, please take into consideration your financial need and your commitment to attending the YSC Summit. YSC is dedicated to using these funds to help as many attendees as possible, and cancellations impact our ability to do so.
If you have any questions, please email: [email protected]. We are here to help!